Do you have a blog that you see potential in? You have worked so hard on this blog and with all of this energy you have invested into your blog, you want to be rewarded for it! This is when you start to monetize your blog!
It is possible to make some impressive income with blogging. Monetizing your blog can take a bit of time to figure out what actually works for you and your blog. And if you are wanting to see the big bucks, you will need to put in the time and effort. And a lot of it! Seeing the big money doesn’t happen overnight, so don’t quit your day job just yet!
Creating great content is the best thing that you can do for your blog. So make producing regular quality content your main focus and you will see your income grow overtime. Blogging regularly will help to generate more traffic, which will definitely help with monetizing your blog.
I have listed 21 suggestions, that you can experiment with to see what works for your blog.
- Affiliate MarketingYou can advertise products for other businesses and receive a small comission for all sales that came from your blog. There are plenty of affiliate programs out there that are simple to join.
- Pay Per Click AdvertisingThis is a popular method of monetizing blogs. Google Adsense is the king pin of PPC advertising. How much you receive will depend on how much traffic your site attracts.
- In-Text AdvertisingThese are sponsored links that are placed within your blog content. They are double underlined to make them stand out and when the mouse is moved over the top of it, a pop-up advertisement will appear. If the user clicks on this pop-up, then you make some money from that.
- Light Boxes / Pop-UpsThese can be very effective if used in the right way. Or they can really put people off from your blog if they are just annoying spammy-looking pop-up ads. I would suggest that the best way to use this is by offering users to sign up to your newsletters and offer a free course, ebook or other digital product that the readers will find appealing.
- Product Reviews / Sponsored PostsThis can be done as a way of affiliate marketing. You write reviews for products or services that are appropriate for your chosen niche. For example, if you have a fashion-based blog, write a review for a dress. Be sure to attach your affiliate link in this and you will make a small commission if your readers buy the dress that you recommended on your blog. You need to be careful with this and only recommend products that you truly believe in. You don’t want to lose your credibility and your audience’s trust.
- Host WebinarsWhat is a Webinar, you ask? I had no idea what this was either, until a couple of years ago. They are basically seminars streamed over the internet. This is all done live. You sell these virtual ‘seats’ to your live Webinar and share your expertise within your niche. Your audience also have the opportunity to interact with you during the Webinars.
- Create an e-courseYou can charge a fee for people who are interested in taking a course that you have created about your speciality subject. The courses can include videos and podcasts as well. Be sure to offer content that is new and cannot be found on your blog for free. You don’t want to charge people to receive information on your course that they can just get for free anyway.
- Become a ConsultantYou can charge people a fee for one-on-one consultations. You will be personally sharing your expertise with them individually for a set time. This can be done over the phone or Skype.
- Membership SiteYou can offer premium membership for certain areas on your website. Access to these areas will be granted only to the user who have paid for the premium membership and these areas could include exclusive resources and information about your niche.
- DonationsYou may have seen the Paypal donation button on some websites. You can use this button on your site and ask users to contribute a small donation to pay for the maintenance of the website, if they found your website helpful.
- Create and Sell Your Own Digital ProductsYou can write an ebook and sell it on your website. This is a very popular digital product that many other bloggers are selling. You could also sell website templates or themes that you have created.
- Sell Your Own Physical ProductsYou can sell physical books for those who prefer them over an ebook. Or you can sell things that you have made like artwork or handmade crafts.
- Offer Your ServicesYou can offer your services on your site. For example, you can offer to edit books for people, draw illustrations for people, or offer your tutoring services. Whatever you are experienced at, you can offer to people.
- Surveys and pollsSome companies will pay you to place surveys and polls on your website. Choose surveys and polls which are relevant to your niche. Your visitors will take part in them and you will get paid for it.
- Sell Advertising SpaceYou can offer advertising space on your website for a fixed amount that will be agreed upon beforehand. This will require your website to generate a good amount of traffic first though.
- Pay Per Play AdvertisingThese are audio advertisements that are played automatically when someone visits your webpage. They are a few seconds long and cannot be stopped by the visitor. This can be a little annoying to the visitors though and it may deter them from returning to your website again. However, it does have the ability to pay quite well.
- NewslettersWhen you grow your mailing list, you can generate more income by using email marketing. In your weekly newsletters, you can promote new products and offers to your subscribers. When people receive these emails, it can also encourage them to revisit your site. Be careful not to spam your subscribers though. It is best to send them once a week.
- Cost Per Mile AdvertisingThis is a little like Pay Per Click advertising but instead of getting paid per click, you get paid depending on the amount of page views your website receives. This method of monetizing your blog is best suited for those with a good flow of traffic coming through their site.
- Hold GiveawaysIn addition to receiving a freebie product from the company which you have teamed up with to promote this giveaway product, you can also charge the company a small fee on top of this.
- Exclusive Forums / GroupsYou can charge people to gain access to an exclusive forum or facebook group where you discuss your niche with other members. It is important that you provide your paying uses with content that can’t be found on your blog.
- Sell Your BlogFor whatever reason you choose this option, whether it is just not working out for you, you have lost interest in it or you just don’t have the time any more. You can auction off your blog. I know some people who have done this and have made thousands from it. A good site for doing this will be flippa.com.
Monetizing your blog requires a lot of trials and errors but don’t be discouraged if something doesn’t work for you. You will eventually find what does work for your blog if you have the patience and the perseverance.
If you found this article useful, please ‘pin’ it on Pinterest, using the image below!