2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
3 tablespoon flour
3 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup beef stock
2 teaspoon garlic
1 sweet potato
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the Sweet Potato in small pieces to help cook it a little faster. Bring the Sweet Potato to a boil, drain and mash.
- Add the Olive oil to a pan and begin to cook the mince.
- Add the salt, pepper, mixed herbs, garlic, and beef stock.
- Add the flour to the mixture one tablespoon at a time. You want the mixture to be thick and not runny.
- Begin to make the pastry by adding the Olive oil to the flour and slowly mixing in the boiling water a little bit at a time to avoid ending up with a sloppy textured dough. I used a fork to combine this to avoid being burned! Knead the dough with your hands when the dough cools off a little.
- Divide the dough up in 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten them to help mold them into the muffin tray.
- Add a small slice of cheese to the bottom of each of the pastry cups and fill with the mince mixture.
- Top each of the pies off with the mashed Sweet Potato and finish off with a slice of cheese on the top, add a bit of pepper and sprinkle a little extra mixed herbs.
- Put the muffin tray in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
Feel free to Pin this recipe on Pinterest using the image below!