This cookies and cream cheese cake is very easy to prepare. I used mini Oreo cookies for my cheesecake but the regular ones are just as good to use as well. I just thought the mini ones looked super cute!
It also has a brownie base, instead of the traditional bases used for cheesecakes. Which is an extra treat!
Note: The cheesecake takes at least 4 hours to set. So please keep this in mind if you are planning to prepare it for a special occasion.
3 250g Light Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoon Vanilla Essence
4 Tablespoon Butter (Melted)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the brownie mix and pour the mixture into a spring-form pan.
- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla essence, butter and eggs.
- Set aside approximately 10 mini Oreo cookies and split them.
- Put the rest of the mini Oreo cookies in a bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Sprinkle the Oreo Cookies over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange the split Oreo cookies you had set aside, on top of the mixture.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture carefully and evenly over the top of the brownie mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge for 4 hours (I left mine overnight just to be safe).
When the cheesecake is set, cut into equal pieces and serve.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please ‘pin’ it on Pinterest!