This recipe is a hit with my kids and they aren’t even huge fans of vegetables! They love the taste of the cheese and cauliflower combo and they don’t even realize that their arch nemesis, “the broccoli”, lies hidden within this dish!
I am always looking for creative ways to hide broccoli in my children’s food. This is because like cauliflower, broccoli is a great source of both vitamins C and K! Eating broccoli and cauliflower can also be beneficial to your health in a ton of ways including the following:
- Reduces allergic reactions and inflamations
- Reduces cholestrol
- Contains powerful antioxidants
- Prevents heart disease
- Helps with weight loss
Nothing but good can come from whipping up this quick and easy dish! Give it a try!
• Cauliflower cut into small pieces
• ½ Cup Finely Chopped Broccoli
• ½ Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
• ½ Cup Flour
• 1 Tablespoon Garlic
• ½ Cup Butter
• 2 Cups Milk
• 1 Tablespoon Thyme
1. On a low heat, melt the butter then add the garlic.
2. Slowly stir in the flour until it forms a paste-like texture.
3. Add the milk and half of the grated cheese. If the consistency of the mixture seems a bit too thick, add a little more milk.
4. Add the finely chopped broccoli, along with a bit of salt and pepper. Then stir until the cheese has melted.
5. In a baking dish, arrange the cauliflower evenly then pour the broccoli white sauce on top.
6. Add the other half of the grated cheese over the top.
7. Garnish with a little pepper and thyme then put in oven at 180°C until golden brown.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please ‘Pin’ it on Pinterest using the image below!